Обсуждение: installing postgresql on win2000

installing postgresql on win2000

От
Tsvi Klein
Дата:
To whom it may concern,

I am trying to install the postgresql-7.1.3 on win2000. I already
installed the cygwin software, as well as the cygipc package. I added the
bin directory to the path and ran the ipc-daemon as a service.

after all this steps i didn't really know what to do since I don't have
any UNIX background.

these are the steps that I did after the installation of the cygwin and
cygipc:
1) moved the progresql to the cygwin directory.
2) ran the ./configure as specified in the install file. I got an error
when I ran the ./configure file. (see attached file)

can you please tell me what are the next steps that I need to take.
Moreover, where can I find this gmake file that is mentioned in the
install file?

any help will be appreciated,
thanks in advance,
Tsvika Klein
EECS Department
Tufts University

Вложения

Re: installing postgresql on win2000

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 03:05:43PM -0700, elliottb wrote:
> I'm new.  Do you mean that the below Cygwin will install of a Win98 box with
> PostreSQL ready to go?
> Sorry.

Yes.

Please read the README file:

    /usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.1.3.README

that gets installed automatically too.

Thanks,
Jason

Re: installing postgresql on win2000

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
Mark,

In the future, please post to pgsql-cygwin@postgresql.org instead of
sending private email, so others can benefit too.

On Sat, Sep 15, 2001 at 03:21:49PM +0800, mark hesketh wrote:
> I've installed cygipc and I still get the problem (see below).
>

> >This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> >running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.
> >
> >configure:629: checking host system type
> >configure:655: checking which template to use
> >configure:818: checking whether to build with locale support
> >configure:847: checking whether to build with recode support
> >configure:877: checking whether to build with multibyte character support
> >configure:929: checking whether to build with Unicode conversion support
> >configure:960: checking for default port number
> >configure:994: checking for default soft limit on number of connections
> >configure:1118: checking for gcc
> >configure:1231: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
> >configure:1247: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
> >gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `as': No such file or directory
                                           ^^
> >configure: failed program was:
> >
> >#line 1242 "configure"
> >#include "confdefs.h"
> >
> >main(){return(0);}
> >

> Can you shed any light?

Yes.

> Do I need to reinstall gcc?

No.

You need to install binutils.

Please install *all* Cygwin packages, unless you really know what you
are doing.

Thanks,
Jason

Re: installing postgresql on win2000

От
mark hesketh
Дата:
Jason Tishler wrote:

>>Do I need to reinstall gcc?
>>

>No.
>
>You need to install binutils.
>
>Please install *all* Cygwin packages, unless you really know what you
>are doing.
>
>Thanks,
>Jason

Ok. I've installed the following things but, I'm still not getting a
successful install.

> binutils-20010425-2.tar.gz
> cygipc-1.09-2.tar.gz
> postgresql-base-7.1.3.tar.gz
> postgresql-docs-7.1.3.tar.gz
> postgresql-opt-7.1.3.tar.gz
> postgresql-test-7.1.3.tar.gz

Here's the config.log:

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:629: checking host system type
configure:655: checking which template to use
configure:818: checking whether to build with locale support
configure:847: checking whether to build with recode support
configure:877: checking whether to build with multibyte character support
configure:929: checking whether to build with Unicode conversion support
configure:960: checking for default port number
configure:994: checking for default soft limit on number of connections
configure:1118: checking for gcc
configure:1231: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
configure:1247: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-5/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
cannot find -luser32
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:

#line 1242 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

main(){return(0);}

am I missing a library 'user32' or something?

Thanks
Mark

Re: installing postgresql on win2000

От
"Norman Vine"
Дата:
mark hesketh writes:

>Ok. I've installed the following things but, I'm still not getting a
>successful install.

< snip >

>cannot find -luser32
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>configure: failed program was:
>
>#line 1242 "configure"
>#include "confdefs.h"
>
>main(){return(0);}
>

>am I missing a library 'user32' or something?

!!!! Please install ALL the Cygwin packages,
unless you really know what you are doing !!!!

FYI - libuser32 is part of the win32api package

Cheers

Norman Vine

Re: installing postgresql on win2000

От
Jason Tishler
Дата:
Mark,

On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 01:31:03PM +0800, mark hesketh wrote:
> Jason Tishler wrote:
> >Please install *all* Cygwin packages, unless you really know what you
> >are doing.

The above is still true...

> [snip]
> configure:1231: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
> configure:1247: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-5/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
> cannot find -luser32
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> configure: failed program was:
>
> #line 1242 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
>
> main(){return(0);}
>
> am I missing a library 'user32' or something?

You are missing the w32api package -- please install it and *all* other
Cygwin packages.

Thanks,
Jason