SELECT TOP _x_ ??

От Justin Long
Тема SELECT TOP _x_ ??
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
In Microsoft SQL Server you could issue a command
SELECT TOP 5 * FROM database...

The top 5 indicator would mean to take the top 5 records that matched the
criteria. I can't seem to find any way to do this in PostgreSQL. I have a
database of 385 records (which will grow rapidly over the next few months)
and it takes better than 5 seconds to SELECT from the 385 and then use a
while loop to display the top 4. I can't imagine what it will be like when
we reach, say, 10,000 records! So any suggestions for selecting just the top
5 and speeding the process up a bit?

Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Respond here or to
JustinLong@strategicnetwork.org ...

Never retreat. Never surrender. Never cut a deal with a dragon.
Justin Long                   CIO / Site Editor
616 Station Square Ct         Network for Strategic Missions
Chesapeake, VA 23320          977 Centerville Trnpk CSB 317
JustinLong@xc.org             Va Beach, VA 23463
Check out our site at:        http://www.strategicnetwork.org

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Julian Scarfe
Сообщение: Finding the "most recent" rows
От: Chris Bitmead
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] SELECT TOP _x_ ??