Re: FYI: Interview with Josh Berkus at Mad Penguin

От Wes Williams
Тема Re: FYI: Interview with Josh Berkus at Mad Penguin
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I suppose I should have apologized if that was off topic entirely, but
seeing as how there are many Admins in this group with 7.x or older
questions being sent, I thought some insight into 8.0+ would be useful for
such a short read to those who were interested enough to follow the link.

As for me, I've just been learning SQL over the past few months and started
with MySQL since it was easier and "faster" to setup a solution.  It was the
SQL-newbie friendly GUI tools that supported MySQL that attracted me at
first, but even in this relatively short period of time I started to see the
merits of Postgres and have delayed my projects until I can learn more about
Postgres and the underpinnings of SQL.  My primary point being that if more
of the MySQL tools worked with Postgres (although I do understand the
technical challenges) or that phpPgAdmin was as exhaustive as phpMyAdmin,
more users might be FIRST inclined to start with Postgres.

Again, I apologize to anyone