Re: Inconsistent query results...

От Andrew Schmeder
Тема Re: Inconsistent query results...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Okay... so I tried putting a test query "select 1" in front of the given query
and that fails also....

> Problem is, after using pg_numrows to determine how many rows were selected,
it > returns 0 about 5-10% of the time.  Weird, isn't it?  When this happens the
> PHP script will return an error stating "hostname could not be resolved", as
> it should.

Basically one of the postgres backends was failing to work properly (or php
messed up the persistant connection...  ?) ... with 6 http processes ~15%
failure makes sense.

A restart of the http server fixed it ... for now.  I am still sort of
wondering on this event though... its not very nice behavior.  Maybe I will
have to schedule regular http restarts.

-Andy

От: Andrew Schmeder
Сообщение: Inconsistent query results...
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: 7.0RC1: possible query and backend problem