Re: Installing PostGreSQL automatically

От Greg
Тема Re: Installing PostGreSQL automatically
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks, I got it working, in the log, it told me the 'docs' module could not
be found, so I removed it.
But now, further, in the installation, it tells me, invalid username
specified, Logon failure - unknown username or password.

Now my question, this installer will need to be installed on numerous
machines. So what do I put for the username and password values in the
command prompt?

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org
[mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Magnus Hagander
Sent: 05 June 2006 03:30 PM
To: Greg; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Installing PostGreSQL automatically

>  tried calling the '-int' MSI but I get an error telling me "The
> installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.
> This may indicate a problem with the package.
> The error code is 2711."
>
> This is my command line
>
> msiexec /i postgresql-8.1.msi /qr INTERNALLAUNCH=1
> ADDLOCAL=server,psql,docs SERVICEDOMAIN="%COMPUTERNAME%"
> SERVICEPASSWORD="SecretWindowsPassword123"
> SUPERPASSWORD="VerySecret" BASEDIR="c:\postgres"

You definitly should be using -int. You'll need to figure out what the
2711 indicates, that's an actual problem.

Try enabling logging and see if that helps you (with the -int), by appending
something like

/log install.log

And it should tell you waht is wrong.

//MAgnus

От: "Magnus Hagander"
Сообщение: Re: Installing PostGreSQL automatically
От: "Daniel Verite"
Сообщение: Re: Best way to store and retrieve large objects in