Re: You're on SecurityFocus.com for the cleartext passwords.

От Robert B. Easter
Тема Re: You're on SecurityFocus.com for the cleartext passwords.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 07 May 2000, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> But how will you know if the data in the field is md5 hashed ?

I think they begin with $1$ and that the salt in the hashed string is like this:

$1$<salt>$   -- a total of 12 characters of salt if you include the $1$$
characters. <salt> is 9 characters.  Someone can correct me if this is not
true. I'm not an expert. :)

Robert B. Easter
reaster@comptechnews.com

От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: You're on SecurityFocus.com for the cleartext passwords.
От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: So we're in agreement....