RE: psql \l error

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: psql \l error
Дата
Re: psql \l error  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers

Hmm,sorry for my poor English.
What I meant is a little different from yours.
What I wanted was to know official opinions about backward
compatibility of clients(not only psql)included in PostgreSQL's
release.

As for psql it isn't a generic client software as Peter mentioned.
It's a part of backend in a sense. At least it could talk to pre-7.0
backend and it isn't so critical that \l,\df and \dd doesn't work for
pre-7.0 backends. I'm not so much eager to change psql myself.

There's already your pgbash that keeps backward compatibility.
Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: shmem_seq may be a bad idea
От: SAKAIDA Masaaki
Сообщение: Re: psql \l error