Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?

От Regina Obe
Тема Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
Дата
Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?  (Buford Tannen <buford@biffco.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Josh,

If we do write a CoC, can we give it a different acronym.  I'm going to say something very sensitive here, so don't
thinkI am joking.

When I was 5 I was raped by a next door neighbor. Everytime I here people talk about Cocs and how silencing they are I
thinkabout that.

Thanks,
Regina

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua D. Drake [mailto:jd@commandprompt.com]
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2016 2:00 PM
To: Regina Obe <lr@pcorp.us>; 'Brian Dunavant' <brian@omniti.com>
Cc: 'Scott Mead' <scottm@openscg.com>; 'Adrian Klaver' <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>; 'Gavin Flower'
<GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz>;'PostgreSQL General' <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Code of Conduct: Is it time?

Hello,

A lot of good discussion has happened on this thread and as a whole I think it has been determined that if done
correctly,a CoC would not be a bad idea. Of course we need to write one.

A CoC is about providing a safe, respectful, productive, and collaborative place for any person who is willing to
contributein a safe, respectful, productive and collaborative way.

A CoC is not about being offended. The act of being offended is purely a recipients response and usually because the
recipientis more interested in being a victim than moving forward.

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://the.postgres.company/  503-667-4564 PostgreSQL Centered full stack support, consulting
anddevelopment.

От: "Joshua D. Drake"
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?
От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: Code of Conduct: Is it time?