Re: pg_xlog question

От Mario Weilguni
Тема Re: pg_xlog question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> > If you could replicate/rsync  pg_xlog to another machine, you could get
it
> > correctly in case of failover.
>
> Argh.. I forgot.. Simple option is to sync the pg_xlog while doing
failover. It
> might add some 10 odd sec to failover process but should be bullet proof..
>
> I don't know if PG is nose poking about permissions of those files.
otheriwse
> it might refuse to start.. Check out..
>
> Worth adding to failover HOWTO. I doubt if one exists for postgresql.

Thanks for the response, but syncing pg_xlog separatly (without DRBD device)
is useless, because a failover will take place when there's an error, so the
extra sync of pg_xlog is very likely to fail.

Regards,
    Mario Weilguni

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: plPHP -- sort of an announcement.. but not commercial
От: "Sander Steffann"
Сообщение: Re: Changing DB ownership