Re: 16 parameter

От Marin Dimitrov
Тема Re: 16 parameter
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
----- Original Message -----
From: "andrew lahser" <andrew@apl-software.com>

> I further checked the TODO list, there is nothing that mentions ANY
improvements to
> the pgsql language, yet I would think that named parameters, default
values and
> more parameters would be near the top of the list. I guess I am very
surprised because
> pgpsql is extremely functional, yet there doesn't seem to be any effort to
improve it.

it would be nice if some day the following are present too:

- ability to group functions in packages (and define constants on package
level)

- numeric error codes (as opposed to string messages) for raised exceptions
(not sure if this is pl/pgsql or Postgres limitation)

   Marin

----
"...what you brought from your past, is of no use in your present. When
you must choose a new path, do not bring old experiences with you.
Those who strike out afresh, but who attempt to retain a little of the
old life, end up torn apart by their own memories. "

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: andrew lahser
Сообщение: 16 parameter
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Declaring arrays in plpgsql functions