Re: Correction to comment regarding atomicity of an operation

От Amit Kapila
Тема Re: Correction to comment regarding atomicity of an operation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:33 AM Gurjeet Singh wrote:

> This comment in UpdateFullPageWrites() seems to be inaccurate:

>     * It's safe to check the shared full_page_writes without the lock,
 >    * because we assume that there is no concurrently running process which
  >   * can update it.

> That assumption does not hold on any sane SMP system.

Do you able to see any case where it can be updated when being accessed here.

With Regards,

Amit Kapila.

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Doc typo: lexems -> lexemes
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: [v9.3] Extra Daemons (Re: elegant and effective way for running jobs inside a database)