Re: Speeds using a transaction vrs not

От Joel Fradkin
Тема Re: Speeds using a transaction vrs not
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Thanks.

I guess I could add that logic, but this is a one time process going to run
the night we go live on postgres.
With .net it took like 2 hours to do the whole shebang, so I am happy.

But I was curious as we will be using odbc for our asp (aprx 90% of our
app).

I could test wrapping the .net in a transaction the way I do in odbc, but
you indicate it is doing that behind the scenes.

So far progress is going really great on our conversion.
I cant wait to see us up on the new platform.

I have not researched the details on doing autovacuum and backup.
I have tested manually backing up and restoring.

We are only like 10% done converting the code (I had hoped it going faster,
but I have not been hands on helping, so maybe it go faster when I get time
to start helping).

I did convert a fairly large app and it seemed to run faster on the postgres
box then the MSSQL box, so my first project after actually getting the data
and views has gone very smooth.

Everyone has been so helpful on the lists and that is the only reason I am
where I am so far so thanks again to everyone who has bothered to answer my
noob questions.

Joel Fradkin
Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel.  941-753-7111 ext 305
jfradkin@wazagua.com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
C 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, IncThis email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s)
andmay
contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Advanced SELECT
От: "Joel Fradkin"
Сообщение: Re: Postgres 8 - Database access, new install.