Re: ODBC Stuff

От Steve Wolfe
Тема Re: ODBC Stuff
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> OOPS, a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.  I was assuming a
> ODBC Windows thingy was needed.  I do seem to remember vaguely a
> discussion in the Perl DBI book about performance, ease of interface,
etc.
> between ODBC, DBI, (and I think DBI::DBD::ODBC).  I'll have to look
> tonight.

  If I can offer one more piece of (off-topic) advice, when you're doing
Windows coding, I personally avoid ODBC unless I absolutely have to, for
speed reasons primarily.  I'm not familiar with the Jet engine from
Microsoft, but the BDE from Borland outperforms ODBC by a factor of five or
more, as I imagine that DBI would as well (although I can't say for sure).

steve