Observation about db response time

От Akshay Mathur
Тема Observation about db response time
Дата
Re: Observation about db response time  (Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>)
Список pgsql-performance

Hello Friends,

We were having a database in pgsql7.4.2 The database was responding very slowly even after full vacuum analyze (select count(*) from some_table_having_18000_records was taking 18 Sec).

We took a backup of that db and restored it back. Now the same db on same PC is responding fast (same query is taking 18 ms).

But we can't do the same as a solution of slow response. Do anybody has faced similar problem? Is this due to any internal problem of pgsql? Is there any clue to fasten the database?

Regards,

akshay

Akshay Mathur

SMTS, Product Verification

AirTight Networks, Inc. (www.airtightnetworks.net)

O: +91 20 2588 1555 ext 205

F: +91 20 2588 1445

От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: RAID Configuration Sugestion
От: Frank Wiles
Сообщение: Re: Observation about db response time