RE: TOAST (was: BLOB)

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема RE: TOAST (was: BLOB)
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

Does the trouble mean that "Deadlock" message was issued for
non-deadlock cases ?
>     Another  thing  is,  that  ISTM  that index's never shrink on
>     vacuum. One requirement of TOAST  is,  that  the  secondaries
>     tables  index-OID is remembered in the external reference, so
>     the ref can be  passed  around  in  the  entire  backend  and
>     whenever needed, it's real value can be fetched quickly by an
>     index scan. Thus, it's not possible to drop/recreate an index
>     on that right now. Seems we need a "REBUILD INDEX" utility or
>     the like.

REINDEX command could do it in a sense.
However current implementation couldn't guarantee the existence
of  proper index in case of abort. Proper implementation would
require the standard transactional control mechanism to handle
relation files such as new naming rule of relation files....

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue@tpf.co.jp