Re: Inherited tables and NOT NULL (pg 7.2.1)

От Magnus Naeslund(f)
Тема Re: Inherited tables and NOT NULL (pg 7.2.1)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Luke Pascoe <luke.p@kmg.co.nz> wrote:
> temp=> ALTER TABLE Parent ADD CONSTRAINT ddd_nn CHECK (ddd IS NOT
> NULL); ERROR:  AlterTableAddConstraint: rejected due to CHECK
> constraint ddd_nn
>
> Why can't I add this check to the Parent table?

Try "CHECK (NOT (ddd IS NULL))" or "CHECK (NOT ddd IS NULL)" instead...
It might be some interpretation differances between your head and pgsql
:)
I know i have these types of constraints myself, i can dig up the
specifics if the above doesn't work.

Cheers
Magnus

От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: Truncate width Postgres 7.3
От: Oliver Vecernik
Сообщение: Re: standard schemas for addresses, others?