ALTER TABLE table RENAME COLUMN x TO y

От Donald Fraser
Тема ALTER TABLE table RENAME COLUMN x TO y
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
PostgreSQL version 7.3.3, GCC 2.96, Redhat 7.2

When issuing the following type of command:
ALTER TABLE table RENAME COLUMN x TO y
The column name change is not cascading through to RULEs on a VIEW.

For example I had a column named "id_security" in TABLE "tbl_valrule" and I had
a RULE on a view that stated:
CREATE RULE rul_i03 AS ON INSERT TO vu_tbl_valrule DO INSTEAD INSERT INTO
tbl_valrule (id_security, id_valmonthend, n_lagdays ) VALUES (new.id_security,
new.id_valmonthend, new.n_lagdays );

After issuing the following command:
ALTER TABLE tbl_valrule RENAME COLUMN id_security TO id_seclass;
The Rule stated above never changed.
I noted that the underlying SELECT rule (rule name _RETURN) for the view
changed by replacing the column named "id_security" to "id_seclass AS
id_security".

Regards
Donald Fraser

Ps. The way I checked that the Rule had changed was by issuing the following
command.
SELECT r.rulename, pg_get_ruledef(r.oid) AS definition FROM pg_class AS c,
pg_rewrite AS r WHERE r.ev_class = c.oid AND c.relname = 'vu_tbl_valrule' ORDER
BY r.rulename

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Correct Unicode sorting depends on how initdb was run
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Correct Unicode sorting depends on how initdb was run