dates and selection

От Joel Fradkin
Тема dates and selection
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

After my conversion to Unicode and implementing new drivers (Thank god still up no down time J) I do have an issue with some of my sql selects concerning dates.

I know the long answer, but am asking if there is a short one.

I have in some of my slq :

(to_char(e.incidentdate, 'Mon DD YYYY'::text) || ' '::text) || e.incidenttime::text  as incidentdate

I used to be able to sort and select by incident date and it was working ok (I think).

Now I found I had to do something like this just to have a timestamp (problem is I do not want the format of the time stamp, my clients want to see the month as a string)

((to_char(e.incidentdate, 'Mon DD YYYY'::text) || ' '::text) || e.incidenttime::text)::timestamp  as datetoselectby

Is there any way to reference the text type variable as a date selection? (was this ever working or was I hallucinating).

Many thanks for all the help.

Joel Fradkin

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: A Table's Primary Key Listing
От: "Joel Fradkin"
Сообщение: nevermind answered my own question by looking at my question what a DOH!