Re: [GENERAL] shutdown gracefully & single user mode?

От Moray McConnachie
Тема Re: [GENERAL] shutdown gracefully & single user mode?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
----- Original Message -----
From: Teodor Cimpoesu <teo@digiro.net>
Cc: <pgsql-general@postgreSQL.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 1999 5:11 PM
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] shutdown gracefully & single user mode?

I have not a lot of technical know-how on locking, but a couple of queries
present themselves from this...
Shouldn't step 0 be LOCK TABLE IN ACCESS EXCLUSIVE MODE ?
& what happens to the lock immediately after the table is dropped and before
it is recreated? At that stage if clients try to read from the table, should
they get denied access by the lock, or should they get an error saying no
such table?

Moray.McConnachie@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk

От: Nuchanach Klinjun
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Permission problem with COPY FROM
От: Gregoire Pichon
Сообщение: crypted field