Inserting float with ',' instead of '.' using COPY statement

От Pier Paolo Bortone
Тема Inserting float with ',' instead of '.' using COPY statement
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,
I'm a new user of postgresql. I haven't problem to install and execute postgresql 7.1.3 on my Linux 7.1.
But I don't able to insert a float number with comma separator for decimal, for example:

CREATE TABLE test (
    field    real
)

INSERT INTO test values ('2,5')\g

ERROR: bad float4 input format

if I write:
INSERT INTO test values ('2.5')\g then all works fine.

Can someone help me to configure postgresql to accept ITALIAN number format?

Thanks in advance at all.

Pier Paolo.

От: J C Lawrence
Сообщение: GROUP BY with wildcard non-deterministic fields?
От: "Tille, Andreas"
Сообщение: Re: Performance question (stripped down the problem)