Re: Postgres grabbing an old shared object

От Glenn Wiorek
Тема Re: Postgres grabbing an old shared object
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Is it a postgres shared object only?  Then shuting down and restarting
postgres should have worked.  If it is a OS shared object then my best guess
is postgres will see it already in memory and not reload the object/lib.  In
which case you will need to bounce the OS.  Is it possible another program
is also using that object?  Then shuting that program down also and
restarting postgres may do the trick.

One thing though, if the OS or another program is also using that shared
object isn't there a risk to having a newer version being loaded by postgres
affect other things?

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Postgres grabbing an old shared object
От: Jodi Kanter
Сообщение: Re: lost database