RE: Database broken after using pgadmin 'backup' on OSX

От David Lloyd
Тема RE: Database broken after using pgadmin 'backup' on OSX
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

Sadly, I don’t have a Mac at the moment so I can’t investigate the internals of “brew switch”; that does tell me something though – if “brew switch” fixes the problem then figuring out what it’s changing when it switches may help trace the actual issue.

In varying orders of possibilities:

1.      Does “brew switch” have a “let’s be RIDICULOUSLY verbose” command line switch or environment variable?

2.      I think OS X/Darwin have “strace” but I know that the BSD subsystems have the equivalent if that’s a Linux-ism?

3.      Does OS X have Dtrace?

4.      I wonder if it would be possible to see a snapshot of the underlying /usr/local (probably) before and after a “brew switch” (zfs snapshtos but I don’t think OS X is usually sitting on ZFS but if you have a full backup of /usr e.g. by OS X’s backup manager or you do daily backups [!] it may be possible?)

Given that “brew switch” does fix it, as you say, if you can figure out what it’s changing (I suspect it’s symlinking .dlyibs and .sos and other libraries) and then find out what other thing is changing that.

DSL

От: Conor McNally
Сообщение: Re: Database broken after using pgadmin 'backup' on OSX
От: Darren Duncan
Сообщение: Re: Database broken after using pgadmin 'backup' on OSX