Re: Add PostgreSQL home page to --help output

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: Add PostgreSQL home page to --help output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 11 Feb 2020, at 08:41, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Autoconf already has a way to register the package home page and propagate it, so I used that.  That also makes it
easierto change it (see http: -> https:) or have third parties substitute their own contact information without
destroyingtranslations.

+1, this change has the side benefit of aiding postgres forks who otherwise
have to patch all occurrences to avoid getting reports on the wrong list.

> While at it, I also did the same refactoring for the bug reporting address (which was also recently changed, so this
isa bit late, but who knows what the future holds).

Pardon my weak autoconf-skills, what does the inverted brackets (]foo[ as
opposed to [foo]) do in the below?

-Please also contact <pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org> to see about
+Please also contact <]AC_PACKAGE_BUGREPORT[> to see about

cheers ./daniel

От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: Internal key management system
От: ROS Didier
Сообщение: open-source equivalent of golden-gate