Re: Open Source Database Routs Competition in New Benchmark Tests

От Mitch Vincent
Тема Re: Open Source Database Routs Competition in New Benchmark Tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
There are a thousand RDBMS products that might fall under that heading, the
reason the names weren't published is that most commercial RDBMS product
prohibit the publishing of benchmarks when you buy it. The guys that did
this benchmark weren't trying to hide who it was just for the sake of hiding
it, they really can't *legally* say.

I know some people that have benchmarked Oracle and PostgreSQL... Oracle
won, that's all I'll say..

People still need to use whatever RDBMS makes their life easier, one could
make an argument for virtually all existing products (commercial or not) on
that product's individual strengths and weaknesses.

-Mitch
От: Matthew Kirkwood
Сообщение: Re: Open Source Database Routs Competition in New Benchmark Tests
От: Don Baccus
Сообщение: Re: Open Source Database Routs Competition in New Benchmark Tests