Re: How Do You Pronounce "PostgreSQL"?

От David Lloyd-Jones
Тема Re: How Do You Pronounce "PostgreSQL"?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: "Mitch Vincent" <mitch@venux.net>

> When someone asks me what RDBMS our company uses for most projects and I
say
> post-gray 'Es Queue El' everyone always says "Huh? Post-what?"
>
> I love the product but the name is a bitch of a tongue twister. It's
strange
> to say and doesn't roll off the tongue very well.

Just a small detail for evvybuddy: "Postgres," -- dot-com, dot-net, and I
stopped checking after that -- have belonged to some company called, uh,
Great Bridge, in Norfolk Virginia, since April 20th.

I don't make these strange and wonderful stories up...
                                                      -dlj.

От: Juan Carlos Perez Vazquez
Сообщение: Where is the problem?
От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: current cvs is broken with --enable-multibyte