Re: Text data type doesn't accept newlines?

От Bryan White
Тема Re: Text data type doesn't accept newlines?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I have a logging database that logs errors. The error messages contain
> newlines. Pgsql doesn't accept them on insert in a text data field.

I have never had a problem storing newlines in a text field.  What interface
are you using?
The only ascii character that I have found I have to escape is the single
quote character.
---------
Bryan White

От: Fran Fabrizio
Сообщение: Calling external programs
От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: Text data type doesn't accept newlines?