Re[2]: [GENERAL] Bug or my crooked hands?

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re[2]: [GENERAL] Bug or my crooked hands?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
----- Original Message -----
From: Yury Don <yura@vpcit.ru>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general@postgreSQL.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 19, 2000 11:32 AM
Subject: Re[2]: [GENERAL] Bug or my crooked hands?
> >> I have the following situation:
> >>
> >> CREATE TABLE "Contacts" (
> >>         "Contact"       Serial,
[snipped fields]
> >> );
> >>
> >> Then I have inserted data from text file and do a query
> >>
> >> mdb=> select Contact from Contacts;
> >>    Contacts
> >> -----------
> >> -2112563299
[snip]

> JR> How did you get negative values in a Serial - field??
> JR> Serial-fields default to positive numbers....
>
> I have copied the data from MS Access table and there where negative
> values. I can't change data in field Contacts because they are using
> in other tables.

Speaking of which, what range have you got on that sequence (serial type =
sequence AFAIK)?

It couldn't be that postgres is looking at your WHERE and deciding that the
value is out of range, so there can't be any records to return.

What happens if you insert a new record and then try to look for that?

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd.