Re: Docs with index

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Docs with index
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
From: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e@gmx.net>

> I've added some index entries to the user's guide as exploration.  The
> result can be seen at
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/~petere/doc-with-index/bookindex.html
>
> The patch is at
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/~petere/doc-with-index/patch
>
> Comments are welcome as to whether this seems useful, and if so, about the
> selection of the index entries.  (There need to be more, of course.)

Very useful indeed.

The categories seem right to me. Looks like you've got:

1. types (integer, date)
2. keywords (limit, where)
3. concepts (joins, operators)

Can't think of any other categories, just more entries in each. I think it
might prove useful to identify weaknesses in the docs since if it doesn't
index well it probably needs reworking.

The only thing that struck me was the fact that lines like "see macaddr"
aren't clickable, but presumably that's down to the stylesheet.

Again - if I can be of any use, just holler.

- Richard Huxton