Re: Fwd: Re: SSDD reliability

От mark
Тема Re: Fwd: Re: SSDD reliability
Дата
Re: Fwd: Re: SSDD reliability  (Toby Corkindale <toby.corkindale@strategicdata.com.au>)
Список pgsql-general
> Note 1:
> I have seen an array that was powered on continuously for about six
> years, which killed half the disks when it was finally powered down,
> left to cool for a few hours, then started up again.

Recently we rebooted about 6 machines that had uptimes of 950+ days.
Last time fsck had run on the file systems was 2006.

When stuff gets that old, has been on-line and under heavy load all that
time you actually get paranoid about reboots. In my newly reaffirmed
opinion, at that stage reboots are at best a crap shoot. We lost several
hours to that gamble more than we had budgeted for. HP is getting more of
their gear back than in a usual month.

Maybe that is just life with HP.

-M

От: Terry Schmitt
Сообщение: Re: question about readonly instances
От: Martin Gainty
Сообщение: Re: SSDD reliability