Re: Optimization recommendations request

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Optimization recommendations request
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Subject: Re: [SQL] Optimization recommendations request

> What does explain show for your query?

I sent this a week ago using the wrong (i.e. not the one I signed up with)
reply-to address, so it didn't make it to the list until just now. In the
meantime I ran explain and noticed that the index wasn't being used. So I
ran vacuum analyze and now I'm getting the expected performance (and explain
shows the index being used). If I understand the logged statistics
correctly, I'm getting results returned in anywhere from about 3 to 45 ms,
depending on cache hit rate. I also repeated my test with 15 million records
with similar results. Not bad at all!

I am still interested in any generic optimization tips for very large
tables.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Joe

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: Optimization recommendations request
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Optimization recommendations request