Re: [GENERAL] what is PgUpT ?

От Stephen Boyle
Тема Re: [GENERAL] what is PgUpT ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeremy, Amy, All

PgUpT was a 'fun??' project I worked on when I was evaluating Postgres.
Basically the tool 'upsizes' a microsoft Access 97 database by automatically
creating a load of SQL and plpgsql files which both recreate the database
and should reproduce all of the referential integrity held within the Access
db.

It produces:
functions to enforce all integrity
datafiles in a format easy to import into Postgres
triggers to attach the functions to table modifications
shell scripts to load all of the data and create the database
ftp scripts to transfer all of the files from M$ to Linux/Unix

Its been tested with 6.5 and seems to work ok although I haven't touched it
for a while.

There are a couple of outstanding bugs:

1.  Recursive Joins
2.  Multiple joins between 2 tables.

There are fairly easy workarounds to both 1 and 2 ;-)

The web address is http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/boylesa/pgupt/pgupt.shtml.

Hope its of Use/Interest.

Steve

От: jim@reptiles.org (Jim Mercer)
Сообщение: getting at the actual int4 value of an abstime
От: "Ross J. Reedstrom"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] getting at the actual int4 value of an abstime