Re: web programming

От Steve Wolfe
Тема Re: web programming
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> As far as perl goes, I know some web develoeprs for a consulting firm that
> use Solaris and they are pretty tight in the industry.  Their advice to me
> was that if I already don't know Perl, don't learn it.

  You expect anything different from a Sun representative?

   One of our competitors sunk well over a million bucks into Sun/Oracle
hardware, and thought they'd be "cutting-edge" by doing all of their
back-end programming in Java.  The end result is that our $20,000 cluster
using Linux, Postgres, and Perl out-performs their setup by a very
significant factor, and also has a greater potential for scalability.  It's
also a lot easier for us to find programmers than they can, and we turn out
new products faster than they do.

steve