RE: [SQL] select nextval. . .

От JT Kirkpatrick
Тема RE: [SQL] select nextval. . .
Список pgsql-sql
things -- but can't we all appreciate the number of times duct tape has
saved us???

jt

-----Original Message-----
From:    Jackson, DeJuan [SMTP:djackson@cpsgroup.com]
Sent:    Thursday, May 27, 1999 11:28 AM
To:    JT Kirkpatrick; 'pgsql-sql@hub.org'
Subject:    RE: [SQL] select nextval. . .

> i am connecting to a postgres 6.4.2 database with msaccess97.  in that
> postgres database i have a sequence defined.  in access i have a form,
> with
> only one textbox -- when i open that form i'd like to populate that
> textbox
> with the next value in that sequence.  i can get the next value from psql
> (select nextval('sequencename');), but i can't seem to figure out how to
> get that nextval from within access97 into a control on a form.  i can
> design a pass-through query that inserts the nextval into a database, but
> that isn't what i want to do (it also exposes some risk of non-uniqueness
> that the sequence helps to ensure).  got any ideas??
>
> jt

You're going to have to implement this all on your own.  As far as I know
Access doesn't have a way to start a transaction with a form, therefore
sequences lose a lot of their benefits.

A viable alternative might be to grab the generated sequence number after
the insert, and display it then.-DEJ

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Jackson, DeJuan"
Сообщение: RE: [SQL] select nextval. . .
От: "Jackson, DeJuan"
Сообщение: RE: [SQL] select nextval. . .