RE: [GENERAL] Environmental Variables

От Michael R. Anderson
Тема RE: [GENERAL] Environmental Variables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Since you installed from rpms, everything is in /var/lib/pgsql.  You do not need to set any environment variables.
Juststart working.

Regards,

Mike Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From:    Duncan Kinder [SMTP:dckinder@mountain.net]
Sent:    Friday, August 13, 1999 3:13 AM
To:    pgsql-general@hub.org
Subject:    [GENERAL] Environmental Variables

I installed the items to be found at
ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/RPMS/ , which are rpm files for Postgres, into
Redhat Linux.

While they appear to have been installed directly, there is no
/usr/local/pgsql/ or /usr/local/pgsql/bin directory.  Rather various files
have been installed in /usr/bin/.

But I am not sure all have been installed.

In any event,  the documentation at http://www.postgresql.org/doxlist.html
states:

"Add the following lines to your login environment: shell, ~/.bash_profile:

 PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/pgsql/bin
 MANPATH=$MANPATH:/usr/local/pgsql/man
 PGLIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
 PGDATA=/usr/local/pgsql/data
 export PATH MANPATH PGLIB PGDATA"

For me, this is impossible, as I do not have any /usr/local/pgsql directory.

Nor will the postmaster start until and unless I provide it with the correct
environmental information.

Since I have installed from rpm's, there must be a set, known set of
environmental features.  I would appreciate being provided with this
information.

Regards,

Duncan C. Kinder
dckinder@mountain.net

От: Bart Ogryczak
Сообщение: Numeric constants in PostgreSQL?
От: Michael J Davis
Сообщение: RE: [GENERAL] About triggers