RE: [GENERAL] Environmental Variables

От Michael R. Anderson
Тема RE: [GENERAL] Environmental Variables
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Okay, if you run "ps ax" do you have a line reading something like "/usr/bin/postmaster -S
-D/var/lib/pgsql -i"?.  Second, if you do "ls /var/lib/pgsql/base" (as root), do you see a subdirectory called
template1?

Regards,

Mike Anderson

-----Original Message-----
From:    Duncan Kinder [SMTP:dckinder@mountain.net]
Sent:    Friday, August 13, 1999 2:39 PM
To:    Michael R. Anderson
Cc:    pgsql-general@hub.org
Subject:    Re: [GENERAL] Environmental Variables

I uninstalled and reinstalled the packages.

I got the following response to  my command "createdb mydb"  (from my
account "dckinder"):

"Connection to database 'template1' failed.
conectDB() -- connect() failed:  No such file or directory
Is the postmaster running at 'localhost' and accepting connections on Unix
socket '5432'?"

This is a single Redhat box.  I am not connecting it over a network.  I have
access to root.

Regards,

Duncan C. Kinder
dckinder@mountain.net

От: marten@feki.toppoint.de
Сообщение: Impression of PostgreSQL 6.5.1
От: "Hub.Org News Admin"
Сообщение: ...