Re: standard LOB support

От EBIHARA, Yuichiro
Тема Re: standard LOB support
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas,

> > According to JDBC 3.0 specifiction, those 4 methods may not be
> > compatible to BLOB/CLOB. Some databases may support them to
> access LOB
> > data but not all databases.
> >
> Hmm. At least for updating LOBs, "my method" should be
> "legal". This is a quote from jdbc-3_0-fr-spec.pdf
>
> "The setBinaryStream and setObject methods may also be used
> to set a Blob object as a parameter in a PreparedStatement
> object. The setAsciiStream, setCharacterStream, and setObject
> methods are alternate means of setting a Clob object as a parameter."

Sorry, my comment was partially incorrect.
See B-182(TABLE B-6) of the spec.
getBinaryStream()/getCharacterStream are not compatible to LOB.

Also, there were some limitations with Oracle JDBC "Thin" driver 9.2 and those methods didn't work
with LOB.

Thanks,

ebi

От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: Re: standard LOB support
От: "Joost Kraaijeveld"
Сообщение: Can I backup/restore a database in a sql script?