Re: libpq messages language

От Efraín López
Тема Re: libpq messages language
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thank you very much for your help.  It worked for me.

I am using Visual C++ 2005 express
I downloaded gettext-runtime-0.13.1.bin.woe32.zip and
libiconv-1.9.1.bin.woe32.zip from

Then I compiled libpq with ENABLE_NLS, gettext and libiconv libs

They, I just got carefull with PGLOCALEDIR,

again, thank you!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Albe Laurenz" <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at>
To: "Efraín López *EXTERN*" <tecnomaya@cabsagt.com>;
<pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 2:52 AM
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] libpq messages language

Efraín López wrote:
>>> I am using Windows, and pg 8.2.5
>>>
>>> When making a connection with libpq, if it fails I would like
>>> to get the errors messages in spanish (PQerrorMessage  )
>>>
>>> Is this possible? How can this be done?

I got it to work with this program:

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <locale.h>
#include <libpq-fe.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
        PGconn *conn;

        setlocale(LC_ALL, "");
        putenv("PGLOCALEDIR=C:\\Programme\\postgres\\share\\locale");

        conn = PQconnectdb("port=4711");
        if (CONNECTION_OK != PQstatus(conn)) {
                fprintf(stderr, "%s\n", PQerrorMessage(conn));
                PQfinish(conn);
                return 1;
        }

        PQfinish(conn);
        return 0;
}

Instead of setting PGLOCALEDIR in the code, you can also define
it as environment variable on your system, that is maybe better.

It must point to the directory where your message files are installed
(you have spanish message files installed, haven't you?).

The above program assumes that there is no database running
on port 4711, so you get an error message from libpq.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: How to EXPLAIN statements inside a trigger function?
От: "Greg Steffensen"
Сообщение: function permissions question