no server connected, again

От jh276
Тема no server connected, again
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

it seems that my issues with pgadmin are not solved. I will try to give
a short but suitable description what I have done and what to issue is

1) Kubunti 23.04 freshly installed

2) pgadmin repo added and installed, only desktop no web client

3) pgadmin started, main password entered and two remote server
connected. No issues so far!

4) pgadmin closed

5) installing other applications and setting up OS

this was a few days ago, and today

1) pgadmin started, no prompt for main password

2) expanding server entries fails. The wait cursor is cycling (for ever,
no time out).

3) restart pgadmin. Server entries cannot be deleted. Nothing happens

4) created config_local.py with following content as recommended in the
docs for logging

--snipp--

import logging

CONSOLE_LOG_LEVEL = logging.DEBUG
FILE_LOG_LEVEL = logging.DEBUG

# Log format.
CONSOLE_LOG_FORMAT = '%(asctime)s: %(levelname)s\t%(name)s:\t%(message)s'
FILE_LOG_FORMAT = '%(asctime)s: %(levelname)s\t%(name)s:\t%(message)s'

# Log file name
LOG_FILE = '/var/log/pgadmin4.log'
--snapp--

5) restarted pgadmin. Splash screen ("Waiting for pgAdmin4 to start
...") hangs, after a while ("taking longer as usual" and "almost there")
I get an error window with "The pgAdmin4 server could not be contacted"
and a list of my environmental variables.

6) config_local.py removed and pgadmin comes up again. But still no
chance to open server entries or to do any stuff

Facts:

This is the second Kubuntu install with that kind of issues. Any
reinstall (Kubuntu and/or pgadmin) is not solving anything

During first launch of pgadmin I can add and connect servers, can send
queries, .... After that first launch something is broken

remote servers are available via psql .

also the local postgresql server entry shows same behavior in pgadmin

I am clueless, I only can guess that there is a crosscontamination by
other apps.

Any advice?

further questions: where are the config stored. I am asking about the
server entries and their properties to delete them by hand.

Joachim

От: jh276
Сообщение: Re: pgAdmin, what version of Python required
От: Khushboo Vashi
Сообщение: Re: no server connected, again