Re: help

От Dave Page
Тема Re: help
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

-----Original Message-----
From: Mattia Benzi [mailto:mattia@art-soft.it]
Sent: 26 January 2003 14:24
To: pgadmin-support@postgresql.org
Subject: [pgadmin-support] help

Hi,
sorry for my bad english i am italian.
My question is :
Why when i try to convert a database from Access97 in PostgreSQL with Database Migration Wizard
my tables have the quotes !!!.
For example, in Access my table is Customer, after the migration in PostgreSQL are "Customer"(???)

the SQL : SELECT * FROM Customer   generate an error : impossible to find ... ecc ecc
i must to write  SELECT * FROM "Customer"

Hi,

This is normal. Unquoted names are folded to lowercase in PostgreSQL. The Migration Wizard in pgAdmin has an option on the first page to convert names for you.

Help me and very thank you for your friendly application PgAdmin

You're welcome.

Regards, Dave.