Re: Server Problem

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Server Problem
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Shells? Man you live in the lap of luxury. I'll bet you even had fire in
your cave!

> Maybe the machine is in a hurry, but to do what?!?

Dunno. It's in a rack with some very powerful boxes though - maybe it's
trying to keep up.

> We should be very careful about that, I've seen some really
> nasty problems with version checking systems when timestamps
> are not precise (with Visual SourceSafe)

Yeah, well - there are good reasons why we're in the middle of moving
all our Windows code from vss to CVS.

Anyway, I don't think it will be a problem unless successive commits of
the same file are made within a short time of each other (or an update
then commit) - we just need to keep an eye on things until the new mobo
arrives.

> Quite often, I do an update just before committing. THIS
> SHOULD BE AVOIDED as long the server's clock might take back
> steps. Instead, there should be > 5 minutes of delay after
> updating (if clock is synced every
> 5 minutes) . This could prevent some future headache on
> repository consistency.

I really should read the whole message before I type...

> Already got one, still fighting to suppress it. BTW, maybe
> dev.pgadmin.org caught the double speed virus?!?

Hmm, worth looking into :-)

Regards, Dave