Re: BUG #4884: Misleading error message

От Chu, William
Тема Re: BUG #4884: Misleading error message
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom,

What's odd is after the DBA added the proper IP address entries to the
pg_hba.conf I was able to connect properly.

Regards,
Wil

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]=20
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:27 PM
To: Chu, William
Cc: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [BUGS] BUG #4884: Misleading error message=20

"William Chu" <wchu@facorelogic.com> writes:
> The following error message occurs when the IP address is not present
in the
> pg_hba.conf.  The error message is misleading and should actually say
> something to the effect, "Connection refused due to lack of access
> permission".

> java.io.IOException: An SQL exception occurred: ERROR: could not load
> library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpostgis.so.0.9": libgeos.so.2: cannot
open

Huh?  That error message can't possibly have anything to do with the
contents of pg_hba.conf.  What it looks like to me is a broken PostGIS
installation, ie, libpostgis present but libgeos missing.  If you're
seeing it at connect time, perhaps you have postgis set up as a
preloaded library?

***************=20
This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended o=
nly for the use of the=20
addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privile=
ged. If you are=20
not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to =
the intended addressee,=20
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copyin=
g this message is strictly=20
prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediatel=
y notify us by=20=20
replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies imme=
diately thereafter.=20

Thank you.=20
FACLD

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode
От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode