Re: [GENERAL] Performance issue with Pointcloud extension

От Eric Lemoine
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Performance issue with Pointcloud extension
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Another idea, if you haven't tried it already, is to run these test cases
> in a server built with --enable-debug and --enable-cassert.  The memory
> clobber stuff that's enabled by the latter is very good at turning coding
> errors into reproducible, debuggable crashes ;-)
>
>             regards, tom lane

We found the cause of the issue! Both the PostGIS and the Pointcloud
extensions define the hexbytes_from_bytes function, and the PostGIS
version is faster. The fix involves prefixing the function name in
Pointcloud, and using a similar implementation as PostGIS [*].

Thanks a lot for helping me fix that issue.

[*] <https://github.com/pgpointcloud/pointcloud/pull/185>

--
Éric Lemoine
Oslandia

От: "Potukanuma, Vishnu"
Сообщение: [GENERAL] FULL_PAGE_WRITES
От: Jov
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] FULL_PAGE_WRITES