Re: A question about upgrading on Debian/Ubuntu

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: A question about upgrading on Debian/Ubuntu
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/10/19 3:21 AM, stan wrote:
> I upgraded successfully on our test machine from V11 to V12 the other day.

The below indicates that this is not the case.

> Now it is time to upgrade the production machine. One f the lessons
> learned in doing this is to do "make install" on all the extensions used
> in the existing DB before doing the pg_dropcluster.

If you are installing from packages then a good deal of the extensions
should be in postgresql-contrib and you do not have to do make install.

Do you have packages that come from outside contrib?:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/contrib.html

> On the production machine I am confused by the state of the V12 server:
>
> If I do sudo apt-get install postgresql-12 I get a message about this
> package being marked to be "manually installed: pg_lsclusters reports on a
> version 11 instance:

Do have?:

/etc/postgresql/12/

> stan@smokey:~/src/pgemailaddr-master$ pg_lsclusters
> Ver Cluster Port Status Owner    Data directory              Log file
> 11  main    5432 online postgres /var/lib/postgresql/11/main
> /var/log/postgresql/postgresql-11-main.log
>
> And when I do a "make install" on one of the extensions, it installs in
> the V11 location.

Lets first see what you have for a 12 install before tackling that.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com