Re: pg_dump save command in output

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: pg_dump save command in output
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/3/21 10:15 AM, Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:

> I just wanted to save the command inside the SQL file to be able to
> "remember" it later. ideally I would open the file on some text editor
> and see the original pg_dump command on the few first lines, as a comment
>
> -- original command was: psql -h some_host -p .....
>

>     Are you dumping in plain or custom format?
>

> plain (SQL)

A quick test here found that manually adding:

-- original command was: psql -h some_host -p .....

as:

-- Dumped by pg_dump version XX.x
-- original command was: psql -h some_host -p .....

at head of file did not infer with the restore.

No guarantees though.

>      >
>      > thank you
>      > Joao
>      >

>     --
>     Adrian Klaver

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump save command in output
От: Shaozhong SHI
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL CHECK Constraint