Re: Json table/column design question

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Json table/column design question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 5/23/24 09:06, Skorpeo Skorpeo wrote:
> Thank you for the valuable feedback.  I see people are big fans of json
> here.

You can be a fan of JSON and still think it is not the correct way to
store data in a relational database. When you do that you often end up
with nested, possibly unstructured, data sets. That ends up with the
exertion of more effort to get the data out in any meaningful form and
in a timely manner then the time and effort it would take to enter it in
a structured way.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Skorpeo Skorpeo
Сообщение: Re: Json table/column design question
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Json table/column design question