RE: Track pgsql steps

От Olivier Leprêtre
Тема RE: Track pgsql steps
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi, thanks for your answers,

Application_name is a good tip, 64 chars are enough to code steps, I'll use that
I expected being able to write raise events to a table or to store data in another table but it doesn't appear to be
possibledue to transaction isolation.

Thanks a lot.

Olivier

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com>
Envoyé : jeudi 30 juillet 2020 12:19
À : Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>
Cc : Olivier Leprêtre <o.lepretre@gmail.com>; pgsql-general <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Objet : Re: Track pgsql steps

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 7:58 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:

> On 7/29/20 8:44 AM, Olivier Leprêtre wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a rather long pgsql procedure and I would like to detect
> > which step is currently executing (subscript 1,2,3…). Due to
> > transaction isolation, it’s not possible to make it write in a table
> > or get nexval from a sequence because values become available only
> > after the complete end of the procedure.
> >
> > Do you see any solution in this purpose ?
>
> RAISE NOTICE?:
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/plpgsql-errors-and-messages.html#PL
> PGSQL-STATEMENTS-RAISE

You can also abuse SET application_name, as the value will be directly seen by other transactions.  You're quite
limitedin the number of bytes to use, but if you just need to do some quick testing it can be helpful.

От: "Zwettler Markus (OIZ)"
Сообщение: How to find out why user processes are using so much memory?
От: FOUTE K. Jaurès
Сообщение: Questions about Logical Replication - Issue ???