Re: [HACKERS] [bug fix] PG10: libpq doesn't connect to alternativehosts when some errors occur

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [bug fix] PG10: libpq doesn't connect to alternativehosts when some errors occur
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] [bug fix] PG10: libpq doesn't connect to alternativehosts when some errors occur  ("Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
> Sure, but part of the point of beta testing is to get user feedback.

Yes, and I'm also proposing this in the user's point of view, which I believe holds true for people here.  I'm worried
frommy support experience that strict customers would complain and question the HA.

> I agree with Robert's point that major redesign of the feature on the basis
> of one complaint isn't necessarily the way to go.  Since the existing
> behavior is already out in beta1, let's wait and see if anyone else complains.
> We don't need to fix it Right This Instant.

I'm OK with considering this during beta testing.  But do you think there will be enough beta testers and some of them
willfind this kind of subtle problem?  I'm afraid this type of problem will be detected and complained after some time
inproduction...  So, I think we should address this proactively on the basis of good sense.

> Maybe add this to the list of open issues to reconsider mid-beta?

Done.  I'll examine whether we can use SQLSTATE.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Server Crashes if try to provide slot_name='none' atthe time of creating subscription.
От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Improvement in log message of logical replication worker