RE: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема RE: Protect syscache from bloating with negative cache entries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI [mailto:horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp]
> Although this doesn't put a hard cap on memory usage, it is indirectly and
> softly limited by the cache_prune_min_age and cache_memory_target, which
> determins how large a cache can grow until pruning happens. They are
> per-cache basis.
>
> If we prefer to set a budget on all the syschaches (or even including other
> caches), it would be more complex.

This is a pure question.  How can we answer these questions from users?

* What value can I set to cache_memory_target when I can use 10 GB for the caches and max_connections = 100?
* How much RAM do I need to have for the caches when I set cache_memory_target = 1M?

The user tends to estimate memory to avoid OOM.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] REINDEX CONCURRENTLY 2.0
От: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Сообщение: Re: shared-memory based stats collector