Re: PostgreSQL Management and monitoring tool

От Lucas
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Management and monitoring tool
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On 27/01/2022, at 5:01 PM, Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> wrote:

On 1/26/22 20:24, Lucas wrote:

On 27/01/2022, at 3:00 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 27, 2022 at 02:28:17PM +1300, Lucas wrote:
Hi guys.

I’m migrating a few databases to PG 14 and was wondering that it would be very
nice to have a tool to help me monitor and manage my databases. I found Awide
and it looks really great, but it would cost me around $800 monthly.

Do you guys know by any chance a similar solution cheaper or even open source?

Uh, this should help:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Monitoring

Thanks… But I was just hoping that someone would share their solution in a more depth way…

For example: Having Zabbix to monitor the database is nice, but it does not allow you to manage Replication, backups and more from the web, like awide.io does. Maybe there isn’t even a solution like that open source….

I wonder what $800/month gets you from say PostgreSQL Experts et al.  Perhaps at some point your left with the pieces you need and no more $10K/year.

I’m not looking for a 3rd party consultancy company to monitor my database or to do any DBA work… I’m simply asking if anybody knows of any PostgreSQL monitoring tool similar to awide.io that is open source? That you have used in the past and could share your thoughts, pros and cons?

I know https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Monitoring provides a list of monitoring tools, but I want to hear from you guys. What you use, why and if you would do it differently if you had the chance.

От: Rob Sargent
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Management and monitoring tool
От: Mladen Gogala
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Management and monitoring tool