Re: pg_stat_activity.client_addr sometimes null for host connections

От Rui DeSousa
Тема Re: pg_stat_activity.client_addr sometimes null for host connections
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On May 4, 2023, at 6:31 PM, Erik Wienhold <ewie@ewie.name> wrote:

Could there be
a race condition

There could be race condition — maybe OS related.  I was not able to reproduce the issue while logging and logging out rapidly and continually querying pg_stat_activity table (tested on FreeBSD).  Most of the time I didn’t even see the process at all in pg_stat_activity and when I did it had the client_addr propulated.

Could it be that the process you are seeing is a parallel worker? That would not have client_addr populated as only the leader process has client_addr populated.

От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_activity.client_addr sometimes null for host connections
От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_activity.client_addr sometimes null for host connections